Sound Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj_extreme

Daemon Poster
I am looking to replace the motherboard sound on my computer, as I do live recording of varoius instruments. What would be a good card, for a budget of around $200? Or possibly an external card? My current system specs:

Intel Core i7 2600k @3.40ghz
Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3
8gb Corsair Vengance DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 560ti 1gb
640gb Western Digital Caviar Black (7200rpm, 64mbcache, SATA 6.0gbs)
ASUS 24x DVD Drive
Azza Spartan Gaming Case (w/4 120mm case fans)
Antec Kuhler H20 620 Cpu cooler
650w Casegears Eco-Element 80+ PSU (Will be replcaced soon with an 850w)

If you do home recording to make music, you might want to get real audio interface.
Any computer sound card company (creative, logitech, etc.) are for mostly for gaming. Not good enough for sound recording.
I know this since I am a professional recording engineer...
I personally use Digi002 (avid/degidesign) at home for ProTools (not PC though. Mac is the standard for music production.)
It all depends on how many I/O you need, how good the A/D, D/A converter you want, How high the sample rate and bit rate goes for recording and play back and also what kind of audio application you are going to use.
For using ProTools, any digidesign audio interface are good (M-box, Digi002, 003)
Budget one you can get is one from M-Audio.
If you are going to use Logic, Digital Performer, etc, you can use any audio interface.

link of pro-audio super store.
Audio Interfaces | Sweetwater.com

Agreed with boomstick. I have a buddy that I built a computer for; he was on a budget, so he settled for an M-Audio card that worked well for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom