Asus P8P67PRO Rev3 Mobo PCI x16 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can think of would be a IRQ conflict, as in your using a component in a shared IRQ resource that is causing an issue with the PIC-e X16 slot.

I guess it's possible for the cpu to have an issue with a pci-e slot, but if it had a problem with one slot I would expect it to have a problem with all of them. You have two LGA1155 systems? Try the cpu, from the problem system, in the good system.

Any chance a mod could also rename the thread? Although you merged the two threads.. you kept the old thread name.. which is now incorrect.

Thanks.

The only thing I can think of would be a IRQ conflict, as in your using a component in a shared IRQ resource that is causing an issue with the PIC-e X16 slot.

I guess it's possible for the cpu to have an issue with a pci-e slot, but if it had a problem with one slot I would expect it to have a problem with all of them. You have two LGA1155 systems? Try the cpu, from the problem system, in the good system.
Im not comfortable in removing the i7 processor.

Why not? You've had to remove it with every motherboard you've tried. It's the easiest/only way to see if the cpu is the problem.

Why not? You've had to remove it with every motherboard you've tried. It's the easiest/only way to see if the cpu is the problem.
Well im almost out of thermal paste and since the i7 computer is working fine.. i dont really want to start playing around with it.
But i guess your right.. but before i do try i need to order some more thermal paste -.-
I just hope i dont mess it up -.-

Sure, what would you like it to say?

What the new thread title was, "Asus P8P67PRO Rev3 Mobo PCI x16 Problem"
Thanks.

Alright.. so i tested both processors and it was the i5 processor that was messed up.. not the motherboard.
I tested the them without any thermal paste since it only takes a few seconds... and lucky enough i had just enough left to put my i7 computer back together.. although the thermal paste i used isnt that good.. so i ordered some more and i will put that on once i get it.
So.. by monday the new processor should be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom