thinking of building my first computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an i7 3.4 ghz I believe processor, so its fast. Then the new GPU which is a good GPU. I need to find out what other people are using and how they get those FPS, something has to be up if I am noticing a very little difference between the 5850 and the 6970.

then yeah, something has to be up, because the 6970 is one of the best cards today, i know some people use two cards together but i think that is overkill for your situation

I think 2 cards is as well, what I do gaming wise is pretty light. I have the updated drivers. Not sure if anything else can slow the machine down, like ram perhaps.

I was contemplating doing a clean install of Windows, maybe there is something from the original factory install with the dell bloatware that is causing an issue somewhere. This is one of the things that really makes me appreciate my Mac's

I do somewhat enjoy this though, its like a puzzle, just frustrating when you think you got it and your still the same lol

yeah i know the feeling, but a clean windows install can't hurt, just make sure to back up everything very well, and if you play with steam i recommend using a imaging/cloning software like Macrium Reflect or Acronis Home True Image

There is nothing really to backup. I stream all media from my Macs with iTunes, just have skype, vent and Secondlife installed, along with the demo of crysis.

Going to reinstall tonight after work and hopefully see some improvements.

I dont use steam, I am a very light gamer, though others would think different when they look at what systems I have, PS3, 360, 27 inch iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad 2, iPhone 4, Lampshape iMac G4, now this PC. I The joys of being a bachelor, having money!

hey if you have so much that you want to send a lil my way ;) i wouldn't mind.
but let me know if the reinstall helps

lol I have money, but not THAT much. I cant see any problems with the reinstall, the only drivers I have to worry about should be the GPU, and those I have already, everything else is pretty stock, other then my mouse and mapping the keys properly again.

yeah that shouldn't be hard at all, especially since you just use it to game.
Before i switched to linux i had to reinstall windows 7 a couple times and it is a pain when all your info is on there, trying to find the swing space to back everything up is a pain, thank god for my file server

yeah that shouldn't be hard at all, especially since you just use it to game.
Before i switched to linux i had to reinstall windows 7 a couple times and it is a pain when all your info is on there, trying to find the swing space to back everything up is a pain, thank god for my file server

Apple makes it super easy to backup with Timemachine. I can restore my computer to where it was an hour before in under an hour, thats apps files and everything. Mind you its using Firewire 800 which is super fast for transferring files. Wish there was something as easy for Windows, just set it and forget it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom