Hello, Could use to help with my upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

klumpia

Beta member
Hello Forum, I'm new here and pretty new to upgrading/building. I've got a stock Compaq Presario SG3500, It's 5 years old and its just not cutting it for gaming these days. The video card fryed so I'm using a even older video card. I cant afford a new rig so I'm looking to upgrade a bit and not sure where to start. I have a very small budget around $300. Any help is much Appreciated.

AMD athlon Le-1640 2.7GHz
MCP61PM-HM (Iris8) Motherboard
2g of ram
Radeon x600 256mb
250w power supply
160g hd

I'm not looking to play Crysis or anything High-end Gaming. Just the casual World of Warcraft, Counter strike, L4d. Once again thanks for the help ;D

If you see anything wrong please let me know, I'm not great with pcs so the specs might be off a bit.

if you want to upgrade your video card you will first need to upgrade your power supply, seeing as it is only 250W
You can get a HD Radeon 5770, which is still a budget video card that gives good performance

My case is very small i would have to check if it would fit. A new power supplys to support a Radeon 5770, Is there anything else i could improve gaming wise?

ram

You could also improve the memory. If you are running a 32 bit I would go with 4 gigs of ram any more than that you are wasting money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom