will i notice a difference between..

Status
Not open for further replies.

quartz01

In Runtime
will i notice a major difference in GAMING between a Athlon 1.1ghz and a athlon 1700+ (1.47ghz)??

and what about non-gaming tasks???

will it really be that big of a difference?? the keyword is MAJOR

p.s. don't know if this helps but here are the rest of my specs
512 pc100 sdram
ti500 64 mb

not a huge difference but will make a diffrence once you got the 1700 over clock it you should get abit more speed then

The higher the number , the better the system runs. But I dont think gaming applications will take the advantage of the new processor. But non-gaming applications do take the advantage of the new processor. Games basically require more RAM and video card memory.

But personally, i wouldnt go for a 1.47 ghz processor from 1.1 Ghz.

He's talking about an Athlon 1.1GHz chip vs and Athlon XP 1700+ chip I believe, which if that is the case, the XP would run faster based on a better core plus it having a faster clock speed would therefore be an even better increase. Are you sure your motherboard can handle that chip? Your RAM is awfully old and you could use an upgrade...does it atleast handle PC133?

Nubius said:
He's talking about an Athlon 1.1GHz chip vs and Athlon XP 1700+ chip I believe, which if that is the case, the XP would run faster based on a better core plus it having a faster clock speed would therefore be an even better increase. Are you sure your motherboard can handle that chip? Your RAM is awfully old and you could use an upgrade...does it atleast handle PC133?

thats my problem. I have a 1700+ CPU in my mobo which only has 100 fbs so it reads it as a 1.1 athlon :( (oh and my mobo can support pc133 168 pin sdram >up to 768 with 3 slots<) THe reason i posted is to see if its worth it to buy a new mobo and case (i have a OEM compaq case so a new mobo wouldn't fit)

any recomendations on a mobo that has at least 3 ram slots for my kind of ram (i am on too tight of a budget to upgrade that too) and a $40 or less case that will hold it. And while on the subject, i have never built a computer from scratch, so how do i know if the mobo will fit into a certain case i am looking at.

p.s. i will most likely buy a ECS K7S5A, so if you recommend a case, could it be a case that can hold that mobo

that's a motherboard problem if it really is a 1700+ in there, see if you can up the FSB in the BIOS

if you want a new motherboard, Gigabyte have good ones for socket A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom