Change a graphics card in a laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXSnikrzXx

Beta member
I have a relatively old laptop, that is fast, just not for playing games. Its graphics card is pretty horrible, but the memory and processor speed is good.
It is a Toshiba Satellite L305-S5944. The processor is a Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16 GHz. I know its not the best, but my laptop was pretty cheap is kinda old. 2.00 GB of ram and 32-bit operating system.
I would like to find a cheap Graphics card that wouldn't be too impossible to put in, if it is at all possible.
I just want to know IF it is possible and maybe a tutorial how to do it.

Straight answer, you can't.

A laptop's graphic card has to be of certain dimension to fit. Also, it will have to have ample power. Further, it looks like you graphics card is integrated. You have to buy a whole new board to do so.

Just get a new laptop.

That is what i was afraid. Ive been doing research and saw that most manufactured laptops have the graphics card on the motherboard, so it would be way too expensive to try and replace it.
Satellite L305-S5944 here is a link to my laptop. maybe that will help.
Any form of somewhat cheap external hard drives? i like my laptop, and its too expensive to buy a new one.

I looked it up before. ;)

It said nothing about what kind of graphic card you do have.

What do you want a external HDD for? If so, what capacity?

Haha i didnt mean extrenal HDD i meant an extrenal graphics card. someone said something about an extrenal graphics card and maybe that would work with my laptop?
and the 'Graphics Engine' is a Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

External graphic cards, IIRC, are used on that port that your GFX is plugged into. So, you'd need a dedicated card to do so. Besides, that is very risky to do. You could easily damage you whole laptop if you don't know what you are doing.

Yeah, Intel graphics are ftl and integrated. So, no, you couldn't replace it if you wanted to. That's the GPU (Graphic Processing Unit, similar to CPU) model, btw.

Yeah, i might just give up on trying to get a better graphics card. Its too expensive to get a new laptop with a good CPU and graphics card. i might just stick with this 'Office Laptop' and just go play Xbox :D haha. Watching e3 right now. And btw thanks a lot for the help. maybe ill just use a desktop downstairs and put in some neat stuff, and just use my laptop for school stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom