The Truth of Tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I find this more about hardware, as I am not looking to sign up with a provider; Verizon, ATT. Just the basic pad with wireless capabilities.

I was intrigued by this one: ASUS TF101A1 Eee Pad Transformer Android Tablet - 16GB, Android 3.0 Honeycomb, 10.1 Capacitive Touch Screen Display, NVIDIA Tegra 2 at TigerDirect.com

Now, as they say in the description, it runs with Android Honeycomb. Is this at par to most Androids today? I'm not looking at buying anything right now. I just saw this in an email ad from TigerDirect, and I look at it. Wow, that is a good price, cheaper than the Xoom or iPad. Does it's hardware match up to it?

well honeycomb is the latest android for tablets true and does it measure hardware wise i would say yes you got a tablet that can use keyboard in a nice package with a dual core processor that is nvidia on which you could actually game on it its a nice tablet and asus does make good products

Wait for the ViewPad 7x in two months. The Vp7 is $300 and not tied to a Carrier, the Vp7x is not priced yet but hopfully won't be twice as expensive. A 10"er won't fit your pocket.

While a 10" might not fit in his pocket, it might be what he wants. Plus I have read lots of reviews on ViewPads and my personal opinion is to stick with a brand that is a bit better known. I tried to go with an unknown brand like Archos and got burned. Ended up returning the tablet in less than a week cause of how poor it is.

MoM yes Honeycomb is pretty much norm. Even my tablet is being updated to it. Find one that has specs you want. Samsung is releasing a 10" and 8.7" this month. Might be worth looking at as well if you dont want one that is also a laptop.

I'll be sure to look around. Tablets are becoming more popular these days.

I'm not sure on size, but I really don't think I need to carry it in my pocket.

I know ASUS is a good manufacturer. I have several of their boards, (had to RMA one, but great after) and a laptop from them. I previously had an Eee 1005HA netbook, and a Eeebox 1008HB mini-pc (I think that was the model) that I sold.

I don't think Honeycomb is the "norm", especially on the older, less expensive Android tablets. You definitely want Honeycomb though so make sure that any tablet you are considering comes with it.

I was just in Fry's electronics today and was looking at the Android tablets. By far, the most common OS was Android 2.1.

Wait for the ViewPad 7x in two months. The Vp7 is $300 and not tied to a Carrier, the Vp7x is not priced yet but hopfully won't be twice as expensive. A 10"er won't fit your pocket.

The original ViewPad was absolutely awful so I wouldn't expect much from the 7x.

The Transformer is the best Android tablet on the market at the moment although the new Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 will likely take that crown when they are released.

Honeycomb is the only version of Android intended to run on tablets so it's what you want to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom