A lot of bluescreens

Status
Not open for further replies.

grakken12

Solid State Member
I recently built my friend a computer from the ground, everything went smooth with the pieces ect. BUT about a few hours into playing it, it started to blue screen whenever we play a video game. The blue screens are usually different so it's not a specific one. On another forum, someone said it could be a cheap power supply. Any suggestions? The power supply surely has the wattage but it was fairly cheap

Could be several things. Have you checked the temps? Something like the CPU could have a loose connection to heatsink, causing it to freeze up. Second thing to do is make sure you have all the latest drivers (Especially video card drivers/software). If it's a cheap power supply, I'd think that it would just shut off and not blue screen at all.

What are your system specifications?

What is/are the ***Stop Codes your getting along with any messages.

When I had it in my possession I overclocked it a little bit, probably something I shouldn't have been doing being a beginner and all but I overclocked it at one point and it froze when I set it so I turned it off... than ever since then it started to blue screen... but the CPU went back to normal, temps are fine. I don't get enough time to get a good look at the stop codes because it goes away after 3 seconds. I don't know the system specs off hand but I can get them soon. The drivers are all updated, you can do anything else on the computer and it won't blue screen... Just about 5-10 minutes into a game it will blue screen

Machine name: AWESOME-O-3000
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/09/10 20:41:43 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1075T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 2081MB used, 6105MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Obviously taken from the diagnostic tool.

Those are not your system specifications. Tell use the make/manufacturer and model number of each component. Is this a Factory made computer like a Dell or HP? Tell us the Model number.

To keep the computer from automatically restarting after a Blue Screen go to

Control Panel > System and Security > System > Advanced system settings >

this will bring up the System Properties, go to the Advanced Tab and click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button.

this will bring up the Startup and Recovery options. Under System Failure uncheck the box labeled "Automatically restart".

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1075T Processor
Graphics: PNY GTX 550 ti
Ram: 4gb Gskill RAM
PSU: RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-730SS 730W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply
Motherboard: ASUS M4A88TD-M/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

What about the BSOD information?

Just looking at your components I would say your problem is most likely with your power supply. Raidmax is a really crappy power supply. Your power supply is only capable of producing 24Amps, maximum, on each of it's (2) +12v rails. Your card can only receive power from one rail (one connector=1 rail) at a time and your card needs a minimum of 24A to operate correctly. So your card is only getting the proper amount of power if the 12v rail is operating at 100%, this is very unlikely from a cheaply made power supply.

So it would be best to just buy a new power supply? With those system specs, what would be a nice powersupply? He doesn't plan on upgrading any more parts either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom