OC Novice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a rare muscular disease that turns my muscles to bone called FOP and I only have arm movement from elbows down :( I cant move my hips, knees or ankles, my neck, shoulders and jaw is also frozen in place so I need something I can reach easily
nick-06012011.jpg

sitting in a chair I would think the top of the case would be the closest part to you. It seems like you would have to bend over to use the other cases? But to be honest a case is a personal item and only you will know what you like or need.

I have to stand at my computer anytime I want to use it because otherwise I couldnt do much by myself. I have my case sitting on an L on a office desk so it is high enough for me to reach the controls and the USB ports. I will take a picture of my office setup so you have an idea what I am talking about. With the new case it should be alot cooler with 5 120mm fans and 1 80mm plus the big TX3 CPU cooler setup.

OK I got my case installed with 3 Cooler Master 90CFM fans Top, Front and Bottom as well as rear stock location.
cpuid--no-OC-06032011.jpg

Definitely a lot cooler under max load :) I ran Linx and this is the screen shot of the temps

Go to the Bios O.N.E. Settings:

Overclocking Navigator - Manual Overclock

You want to adjust the settings below, your mobo may or may not have them all. They should all be located in your bios, you may have to look around a little. If you can't find a setting let me know and I'll try to locate it for you if possible.

CPU Ratio Setting - 20
Intel Speedstep - Disabled
Intel Turbo Mode - Disabled
Xtreme Phase Full Power Mode - Enabled
BCLK Frequency - 200
DRAM Frequency - 1066
QPI Frequency - Auto
DRAM Timing Control - Set these to latencies specified by the Manufacturer
CPU Differential Amplitude - not sure, I think the higher the value, the smoother or cleaner the voltage signal will be. I would leave at Auto for now

CPU Clock Skew - Auto
CPU Voltage Mode - Fixed Voltage - 1.325 (this may need to go up but we really want it around the 1.30 - 1.325 range)

IMC Voltage - 1.3v (This is the Internal Memory Controller Voltage, because your using 8GB's and I'm assuming you have a 4x2GB setup, you'll probably need to set this higher than a 2x2GB setup. I would try 1.3v and maybe we can lower it.)

CPU PLL - Auto (we'll raise this if we have errors and adjusting the CPU volts has no effect)

PCH Voltage - Auto (Southbridge Voltage)
Load Line Calibration - Enabled
CPU Spread Spectrum - Auto
PCIE Spread Spectrum - Auto

Advanced
CPU Configuration

CPU Ratio Setting - 20
C1E Support - Disabled
Hardware Prefetcher - Enabled
Adjacent Cache Line Prefetcher - Enabled
Max CPUID - Disabled
Intel Virtualization Tech - Unless your using a program like Virtual PC you can Disable this.
CPU TM Function - Disabled
Execute Disable Bit - Enabled
Intel HT Technology - Enabled
Active Processor Cores - All
A20M - Disabled
Intel Speedstep Tech - Disabled
Intel Turbo Mode Tech - Disabled
Intel C-State Tech - Disabled

Look in the items that have a ">" on the left of them. That will give you more options, if you didn't do so already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom