will the XFX 6870 fit in my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaS_BMOC

Solid State Member
I just asked for help deciding betweent he 5850 & 6870 a little while ago, and with the help of some people here, I decided on the 6870, however... one thing I forgot to take into account for the gfx card size...

its 10.3i inches long according to newegg. so my question is whether that will fit into my computer or not...

here is a link to my comp specifications, the info on the case is near the bottom.
HP Pavilion p6720f Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion p6720f Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

will it fit?

250W PSU? You'll definitely need to upgrade that either way...

I'm not sure if it will fit... How wide is it?

Case
Height: 38.7 cm (15.23 inches)
Width: 17.5 cm (6.89 inches)
Length: 41.4 cm (16.29 inches)

Bay size
13.33 cm (5.25 inch) x2
8.89 cm (3.5 inch) x3

as for the Power supply, I have a corsair 650TX that I purchased to solve that issue.

EDIT: err... or did you mean the gfx card? here are its measurements. 1.5 (height) x 4.4 (width) x 10.3 (length) inches

A new concern has come up... my current monitor is a VGA, but the 6870 only has DVI and HDMI ports. So I know i'll need an adapter/convertor, however, I am having difficulty finding one...

I heard that the 5850 came with a VGA/HDMI converter, but does the 6870 come with one as well, if not, could someone link me to a good one? I've done some searched an the only ones I can find have horrible 1-2 star reviews across 50+ people.

all I should need is one of the small adapters, rather than one that is a full cord, I thought it would be easy to find one... I found a VGA to DVI and a DVI to HDMI, but seems like there has to be a better way that that -_-

Just get a ruler and put it in the computer to get an idea of how much space is there.

You can find adapters for DVI to VGA, any tech store should have them and they should be pretty cheap to. I would not go with a full cable, the small little adapters are probably cheaper, and a cable with one end DVI and the other end VGA is going to be garbage when you eventually get a new screen which will most likely have DVI in it. Not sure what your concern is with this, all you need is a dvi to vga converter and your good to go.

If it doesn't come with a DVI to VGA adapter, message me and I'll send you one. The only concern I would have is if the DVI ports are DVI-D and not DVI-I. If they're DVI-D, they will not produce an analog signal, which would render your monitor useless with this card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom