HELP MAKING BUSIENESS CARDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

firrat

Beta member
I want to make business cards what kind of paper should i use and will it go through a regular printer?

I want to make business cards for my personal yard work company, i can get the design and everything myself but what kind of paper do i need, where can i get it and will it go trhough my Hp officejet 4500 wireless?

You would be best off using a service like Vistaprint. The 1st batch you buy cost a little extra for the setup but after that it's hard to beat the price for a full color business card.

I use to make my own cards using 80lb. paper and cutting them myself but it's not worth the time it takes and the thick paper will wear your printer out.

You can get business card stock designed to work with your printer, along with template software to design your card. Check out Avery.com. They have the cards and software you need. You decide if you want to make your own or have them done as Slaymate suggested.

I've tried both printing my own cards and getting them online - trust me, get them done through another company. The thickest stock you can get is still flimsy in comparison to normal business cards. I can't remember the lb of the stock, but I got the heaviest that they offered at an office supply store and would still run through my printer (nice printer, not cheap, Cannon MP530) and while the quality of the printing was good, the cards are just flimsy.

You will also run into cutting issues, while you can print multiple cards on one piece of paper you'll have to cut them, and unless you have a large cutter it's difficult to use scissors to cut straight.

I finally broke down and tried an online server, I used overnight prints and have been EXTREMELY happy with the results. You can get hundreds of QUALITY, hard stock cards for less than 50 bucks. If you do the math, figure how many cards you get for current ink and paper it's a wash. Consider the quality you get from overnight prints and they are the way to go.

Good luck either way.

I will second VistaPrint, I got mine for like $15+shipping, was only like 250 cards, but, no point in buying a few thousand at a time.

Dont do it yourself, it looks cheap and unprofessional. I work in the printing industry and you can tell the home brew stuff a mile away. You don't want to leave a card that makes you look like an amateur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom