Celeron-D 330 or Sempron 2600+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe, its fine man... but i think our conclusion is that neither is the best value when you can go for a nice AMD xp-m and make it a performance pump

Leonidas said:
woohoo, the first time anyone has ever agreed with me in my entire life... im gonna go buy myself an icecream cake... :D

lol *coughs* uhm.. I disagree ;)

why just an xp overclocker? the general consensus of the human race is that an xp-m is better for overclocking and stability.(35w version atleast)

Thanks guys. I think I will go for a amdxp 2500 or a 2600 instead and overclock it and see what happens.

careful...OC'ing a cheap processor can end in a bad way some of the time, even more so than w/more $$ one's since some of 'em are not necessarily "built" for OCing but a lot of BIOS that come w/thos processors have OCing features built in

you should be fine, especially if you go xp-m 2400+, and even more so if you get one with the iqyha stepping thingy :), it is the one ive seen that gets overclocked the best... good luck, tell us how it works out

Athlon XP-M's are really overclockable, they're designed for a Laptop, where the frequency can be easily changed to either give more performance when plugged in, or to not give as much performance and save battery life when not plugged in.

I have the 35w 2400+ XP-M, I can get it to run at 2.7GHz completely prime95 stable and full load will be 45C, but that's really only during these winter months, so currently I'm running 2.5GHz on it, 100% rock solid stable, I've benched it, gamed hours on it, works freakin great...right now I got 166x15 because all I have is a CL2.5 PC2700 256mb stick and a CL3 512mb PC3200 stick, but then PC3200 will run 2.5-3-3-7 instead of 3-3-3-8 if you downclock it to PC2700 speeds, so currently I did that to keep my system all communicating at the same speed. I got lucky and got the IQYHA stepping and it seems to be quite the overclockable little bugger...moreso than the 2500+ or 2600+ XP, for true overclocking you're better off with the 35w 2400+ XP-M or 2500, 2600+ XP-M, the mobile chips absolutely rock for overclocking. Half the wattage, way less vcore, made from the same core (barton) and way easier to keep cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom