OC Novice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasNovelty

Baseband Member
I am running the BioStar TH55b MoBo with the i5-760 with Corsair XMS3 RAM 2-4gb & 2-2gb sticks 1600mHz. I want learn how to tweak using the O.N.E. BiOS that came with the board. What kind of info do you need to help me? Screenshots of the CPUid and Hardware and a picture of BiOS? Just let me know and I'll get er done.

Do you have an aftermarket cooler?

I've never heard of the O.N.E. BiOS, is that a windows program or do you mean that you just want to adjust the bios manually?

Yes, post all of your info and let use look at it.

I have Cooler Master Hyper TX3
CoolerMaster_HyperTX3.jpg

Here is a picture of my CPUid readings
cpuid-05312011.jpg

Im not even sure what brand it is :( I know I paid about $90 at Frys for in January. I have a 120mm pulling fan on the front and one on the side and the back. Maybe a new case?

Well, I have a CM HAF 922, 200mm top and front, 120 in back. Pushes a lot of air.

My bedroom isn't the coolest room in the house. Although it gets hot in here, my CPU temps never are hurt too bad.

How is your wire management as well? Take a pic of your computer insides.

Forgot to mention before. I had ~30C before OCing. I'm now, at 4.0GHz, at a cool ~43C.

You also need to post a picture of the CPU-Z Memory tab.

Your temps are high for running at an idle, make sure all fasteners are securely attached to the mobo. If your temps are still the same you may have applied to much thermal paste.

Once you get your idle temps down we want to see how hot your cpu gets under a 100% load. You can use LinX to stress test it, start HWMonitor, start LinX and select the "All" button then set LinX to run for 20 minutes and then start the actual test. When the LinX test is complete post a screenshot of HWMonitor.

You can download LinX here.

Here are the new readings with the fan turned around and a 120mm fan put in the back fan slot below the power supply fan and a 50mm on the side
cpuid-06012011.jpg

It definitely lowered the temps by quite a bit I can already see from the latest CPUid HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom