Hello everybody! I have an P8P67 Deluxe board, and a Asus Xonar D2X soundcard. i experience problems with BOTH PCI-E 1X

Status
Not open for further replies.
The on-board audio sounds pretty good, I would try it without the Xonar D2X, you maybe worrying about something you don't even need.

No way im skipping the D2X :D

it costed me almost as much as the P8P67, so i hardly think the onboard sounds just as good.

well.... i then rather put the D2X in the second PCIE 16X lane, its working perfect there.. but i wanna have a solution to the PCIE 1X lanes..

And i have also tried it in the PCIE 4X lane, then i barely got any sound at all! it was extremely low!

i found this on the P8P67 Troubleshooting page, can this have anything to do with it? am running a 4870X2, wich is a dual GPU card.

Recently I bought this motherboard to build a new system with CrossFire configuration. After the CrossFire system is up and running, I found that the PCIE x1 slot does not function. If I change the system configuration to single VGA card, then the PCIE x1 slot works without any issue. Is this normal?
This is normal. The PCIE x1 slot shares the PCIE lanes with the second PCIE x16 slot. When the CrossFire function is in use, the second PCIE x16 slot occupies all the available PCIE lanes. Therefore, the PCIE x1 slot is disabled due to lack of resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom