Already Purchased - Would like your critique/comments AND/OR your changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelm3103

Fully Optimized
All already bought, good enough for my needs I guess. Just would like y'all review or what changes would be made if you had to make? Don't have a specific budget but less than $750 US (approximately $4,500 TT).

Use - Gaming, might not be far high end but at-least with a good GFX setting (medium to high).

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Newegg -
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Graphics Card
EVGA 01G-P3-1366-TR GeForce GTX 460 SE (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Newegg -
Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1366-TR GeForce GTX 460 SE (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Processor
AMD Phenom II X4 840 Edition Deneb 3.2 GHz 4x512 KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor - Retail HDX840WFGMBOX (Black)
Newegg -
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDX840WFGMBOX

RAM
CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMV4GX3M2A1333C9
Newegg -
Newegg.com - Kingston ValueRAM 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model KVR1333D3N9K2/4G

Power Supply
Thermaltake TR-700P TR2 BRONZE 700W ATX 12V V2.3 / EPS 12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Newegg -
Newegg.com - Thermaltake TR-700P TR2 BRONZE 700W ATX 12V V2.3 / EPS 12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Depending on how demanding the games you play are, that GPU might not last that many years. The 460m overclocked a good 10% can run most games with good FPS, except metro, TW2, Crysis. What about a 6970m for ATI?

way too expensive power supply for your build......
Well ya I know it's a lot but I was keeping in mind in time I'mma upgrade little by little as time goes on.
I would of bought DDR3 1600 and I definitely would not of bought "Value Ram".
Thanks for the info. Hopefully the 1333 would work fine though, haven't mount it up yet as I'm still missing a exact place to put it lol.
You listed conflicting RAM, the text says "corsair" but the link says "Kingston"..
Err typo, not exactly sure how I did that though :doh:. Hopefully a mod can change that for me :confused:.
Depending on how demanding the games you play are, that GPU might not last that many years. The 460m overclocked a good 10% can run most games with good FPS, except metro, TW2, Crysis. What about a 6970m for ATI?

Was kinda trying to get the best for cheapest. From what I've read, the one bought had good feedback and was cheaper by a bit compared to the others.

Thanks for the input so far guys :).

I don't think you spent too much on the PSU... I think you bought the wrong PSU... and quite frankly I'm dumbfounded that he said that was too much...

PSUs are supposed to cost a good amount of the build. You want great quality not some half arse garbage and if you buy a bigger PSU than you need then you're future proofing. You kinda spent a good amount but on a bad brand PSU still.

This would have done you much better. Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

I don't think you spent too much on the PSU... I think you bought the wrong PSU... and quite frankly I'm dumbfounded that he said that was too much...

PSUs are supposed to cost a good amount of the build. You want great quality not some half arse garbage and if you buy a bigger PSU than you need then you're future proofing. You kinda spent a good amount but on a bad brand PSU still.

This would have done you much better. Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

May I ask what's the difference in both except Brand and the extra 50W? Also reviews are a lot better as I can see lol, if it's that good, I may be could sell over mine and buy it.

May I ask what's the difference in both except Brand and the extra 50W? Also reviews are a lot better as I can see lol, if it's that good, I may be could sell over mine and buy it.
That's just it... the brand. Thermaltakes aren't the most reliable PSUs unless its the toughpower line. We have a great PSU guide I wish people read more often as it outlines all of this.

Computer energy gets more efficient as time passes [it does not make sense you will never a more powerful psu to be "future proof" now does it]
a Q6600 uses much more energy than a 2nd gen i5

his build is more low end than high end, so I would have spent part of the psu cost into a better cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom