Suggestion or changes for my updated computer build? In need of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gho5t

Baseband Member
My build will include the following:

Case: NZXT Phantom

Graphics Card: XFX NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT 512MB

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 250

Power Supply: RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 530W

Motherboard: ASUS M4A87T

For my other parts, I am having a bit of trouble, so here are my questions:

For my hardrive and cd drive, I was thinking of using my old computers parts, but I thought if it would be better to just buy them new?

For the RAM, I dont know what type or kind to buy? I know its DDR3. but I do not know the difference of DDR3 and the 2000 or 1600 speed? So could you give me an example on what type of RAM I could buy and ghave it work? Or would this item here work or is the right type of RAM: Newegg.com - ADATA XPG Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory Model AX3U2000GC2G9B-2G

Thanks.

"Fix" The motherboard is an: ASUS M4A87TD, should it be an evo or not?

Thanks for the advice on the psu, but I need a psu thats pretty cheap and modular and works for my build?

Thanks for the RAM advice also, can you name the types of RAM I should be looking for?

If you want the EVO, with 7.1 sound and eSATA, get it. It's only $5 more.

If you need modular, get any of these 2: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007657%20600029977&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&CompareItemList=58|17-371-016^17-371-016-TS%2C17-341-022^17-341-022-14%23
That is the cheapest modular ones, that are from a good manufacturer.

The RAM I posted uses the correct speed.

Okay thanks, and why should I not get RAIDMAX? I am still debating over cases for all this, so would all this work for just about anycase that is compatible with ATX?

Not all PSU's are quality. Raidmax is one of those manufacturers to stay away from. They are cheap, because they are cheaply made.

So here are the updated parts for sure to get for my build:

Case: (Unknown at the moment)

PSU: RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 530W (I know you (MindoverMaster) told me they are cheaply made but I am going to have to just go with it and try it out myself)

GFX: XFX NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT

Hardrive: Western Digital 120G (From old computer)

DVD ROM Drive: (Original HP DVD ROM Drive From old computer)

Motherboard: ASUS M4A87TD EVO

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 250

Is this alright for my build? Would it all work out to run perfectly? Am I missing any parts? Or should I change something because it would not be compatible?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom