Overclocking core i5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you bought a heatsink yet? What are are present idle and load temperatures? Do you know anything at all about overclocking? Do you have any knowledge of your Bios and the settings? I don't mind helping but you have to have a basic idea of whats going on, and why, and what is bad.

While your P55 mobo is slightly different than a X58 the basic idea is still the same. This will help, http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/i7-overclocking-guide-224693/

I dont yet have the heatsink, i am pretty much a noob at OCing, i know you have to fiddle around with the voltages then test your settings but not much more than that, i saw a tutorial a while back for OCing a 760 but i lost the article. I am currently tryin to start up in linux and want the most power out of my rig

i5 is painfully simple. Raise FSB, Raise volt when gets unstable. That is the very bare minimum you need to know. Things you need to look for when OCing an i5 is
BCLK
CPU Multi
VCore
DRAM Multi
DRAM Speed

It's best to have a "1:1" ratio between FSB (BCLK), CPU, and RAM. Not everyone has RAM speeds capable of this so it isn't always possible but that is why there are RAM dividers.

I like how everyone on air cooling has "55c load". Time to recheck those guys, my water is 50-55c load at 4.3ghz. Lowest I ever had on a lapped TRUE with dual Sythe Kaze Ultras was 65c load.

Thanks for sharing some info about overclocking the i5. I am new here but hope to learn some new things and maybe help some others. I plan on contacting SlayMaker unless someone has a link to the OC instructions for the i5/760 on a Biostar TH55b?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom