Upgrade videocard,what would be best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickmaurinus

Beta member
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a new videocard to play Witcher 2 with. My current videocard isn't working good enough to play that game well.

My system's specifications are:

Processor: Intel Core i7 @860
Operating speed: 2,8 GHZ
Memory: 6 gb DDR3 SDRAM
Videocard: NVIDIA Geforce gt230, 1,5GB Memory
Ports:: DVI, FireWire, gigabit Ethernet, HDMI, USB 2.0
SSD: Kingston 64 gb, 250 MB/s reading, 150MB/s writing.
Motherboard: MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E)
Expansion Slots:
â—¦1 PCI Express x16 slot for graphics card
â—¦3 PCI Express x1 slots
â—¦1 PCI Express x1 minicard slot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So now my eye fell on one of the following video cards:
The ''EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked''

And the "Sapphire HD5870":

My questions are:
- Does my computer support these cards and do they fit in?
- Which of the two videocards is would be the best to buy? (planning on playing 'Witcher 2' with it)
-Is putting two videocards in my computer an option?
(You could also suggest a different videocard if you think there are better ones for the same price. Budget of 200-275 euro's)

Thanks

personnaly i use ati but comparing those two i would go with the gtx 560 which mesures 9inches long and the hd 5870 somtimes is compared with the gtx 550 but the 5870 is 10 inches long

Thanks night fox, I fixed them now

I wondered if I needed a bigger power supply too. Can my computer handle these cards like this?

Your power supply (at 460w) will not power the GTX 560 ti or the 5870. I just bought this: Newegg.com - OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom It is a great deal, and should power any single-gpu card. You won't be running two cards with this though...but that doesn't really matter because your motherboard cannot do that anyway. I would go with the 560ti, not the 5870...if you want ati/amd, then get something from the 6xxx series...don't get older cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom