How can I test my HDD, RAM, CPU for intergrity, failure...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That app was incorrect. I checked my bios and volts were are 11.72. So is that really off enough to be replaced?

Your bios is reading the sensor with no load applied to most of your components. When you boot into Windows, and all of your Drivers have loaded and all of the components are fully functioning the voltage reading will be, or could be, different.

And 11.72 volts is low for a system that is not under any load. I still think you should contact Corsair for a replacement.

ok thanks...I can't recall where I bought this from but I though it was newegg. I checked there and didn't see this under my invoices. Are they touchy about where you bought it? Wish I could remember

Contact them and see if they require an invoice or not. Or read their warranty procedure, might be in there as well.

I spoke with them and they said that a 5% variance is well with in specs.

That said I have something else that just happened that I'll share and see what feedback I get from this.

I was just now renaming some movie files and all was working fine. Then probably the 7th file I was renaming it said I couldn't rename it because it was in use by windows explorer. It wouldn't let me delete the file or anything. I waited for about 15 minutes and tried again and same problem. So I decided to restart the system. Well now it's stuck on the post. If it's stuck on posting does this mean it's a memory problem? Just don't get why my computer randomly just acts up! If there is a stupid problem I wish it would just show itself already! Im starting to get frustrated over it! :)

Have you tried removing everything except down to the basics? 1 stick of RAM, video card, CPU? (no PCI cards, HDD, cd-rom). See if it POSTs then.

I saw your post at Corsair. You didn't tell them much. Tell them what you have already tested. But just to make sure you should run Memtest through the complete test twice, in a row. And you should run Prime95 for at least an hour. If the system Blue Screens we need to know the message and the ***STOP code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom