Trying to build a gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swap out the motherboard and CPU...

Go with something like a Phenom II 955 X4 (Quad core) and an MSI 880GM-E41 mobo. That combo costs $194.98. Your current setup costs $189.98. $5 more for a quad core.

Thanks for your help, I added that graphics card, cd/dvd drive, and the power supply. Save for the monitor, what do you guys think? I don't expect it to run crysis or anything, but I'm trying to get games like Portal 2 or maybe CoD to run smoothly.

Edit: Didn't seet Black's post. Thanks for the help, I'll swap those in.

Thanks for your help, I added that graphics card, cd/dvd drive, and the power supply. Save for the monitor, what do you guys think? I don't expect it to run crysis or anything, but I'm trying to get games like Portal 2 or maybe CoD to run smoothly.

Edit: Didn't seet Black's post. Thanks for the help, I'll swap those in.

You'll be surprised when you're able to run Crysis then. :D I ran Crysis 2 beta maxed on a similar setup. (Except using DDR2) I can still run Crysis 1 and Warhead fine too.

You'll be surprised when you're able to run Crysis then. :D I ran Crysis 2 beta maxed on a similar setup. (Except using DDR2) I can still run Crysis 1 and Warhead fine too.

If I wasn't so manly I would've cried when I read that. Thanks again for all your help guys :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom