No PCIe 2.0 MOBO for Pentium D???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidewalk

Baseband Member
I'm building a strict budget gaming rig for my brother and I'd love to throw in a decent GPU. I went on eBay and already bought a couple components (Pentium D 945 3.4GHz & 9800GTX+)...

However, I can't seem to find a compatible MOBO that has PCIe 2.0 for my GPU :(

I know, I should've researched a bit more but I was sure I could find a MOBO. Am I just out of luck? I really love the Pentium D's, so which GPU/MOBO setup would you recommend? Should I just run 8800gtx SLi? Thanks in advance

To put it in perspective, I want this rig to play Crysis/GTAIV on relatively low settings. Thanks!

Well, now I don't know what to think. I've been reading that 2.0 GPUs are indeed compatible with 1.0 MOBOs, however when I tried to put my old HD4870 in this MOBO, it would not fit. Anyone care to shed some light on this? I am so lost. :silent:

It seems [to me] that a 1.0 MOBO wouldn't get the best out of my 9800gtx+... but I don't know. I think I could try SLi and for much cheaper than the 9800gtx+, but I have no experience with that so... :dead: Please help

it should definitely fit into the slot. try to put the 9800gtx+ in there, if it fits, you were doing something wrong with the HD 4870.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom