Simple question. Sapphire or Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have dealt with Sapphire's customer service on an RMA before. That experience was a great one as my card was replaced (at the very end of the warranty) with a card two generations newer. That, along with the cooler, is plenty of reason to go with the Sapphire.

I've run the Sapphire in my towers before, they are without a doubt a great investment. And like Trotter said, the RMA process is great - easy and painless unlike some RMA's.

+1 on Sapphire. I'm currently running a Sapphire card. Great product. Plus, you get the Shogun game with the Sapphire card.

BUT!!!!!!!! You asked this before, and were told that XFX was far better than both, and you said you'd probably go with it. What changed your mind?

XFX's Dual Fan heat sink design > Sapphire's Single - XFX's Lifetime warranty > Sapphire's 2 year - XFX's stock overclock > Sapphire's stock clocks

Newegg.com - XFX HD-687A-ZDBC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

+1 on Sapphire. I'm currently running a Sapphire card. Great product. Plus, you get the Shogun game with the Sapphire card.

BUT!!!!!!!! You asked this before, and were told that XFX was far better than both, and you said you'd probably go with it. What changed your mind?

XFX's Dual Fan heat sink design > Sapphire's Single - XFX's Lifetime warranty > Sapphire's 2 year - XFX's stock overclock > Sapphire's stock clocks

Newegg.com - XFX HD-687A-ZDBC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Because I want an HDMI cable as well, and one comes with the Sapphire, but I also noticed it comes with a gigabyte card that's looking good to me and that I am about to ask about.

I am researching this new card hard, I have been for weeks. I've been trying to find the best VALUE between all of the 6870s. The sapphire comes with an HDMI cable which is $30 normally.

Is gigabyte a nice brand?

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R687SO-1GD Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Some of you may notice that I've asked multiple questions about the 6870.

You're probably thinking, "is this guy really going to buy one"?

Yes, in just a few hours....

But I have one final card I'm looking at. I need some judgement on this card.

How does gigabyte compare to other brands?

Is it perfectly ok that this card is "super overclocked"??

It's competition is Sapphire, because as I've said in previous threads, I want that HDMI cable with the card.

I'm looking for value, I'm too poor to be buying this card in the first place!!! Lol :p

So give me your opinion, I look forward to it.

Re: Is gigabyte a nice brand?

You really don't need to make thread after thread on the same subject. Doesn't help us to help you.

Gigabyte is a well known manufacturer. Their boards are great as well.

You really don't need to make thread after thread on the same subject. Doesn't help us to help you.

Gigabyte is a well known manufacturer. Their boards are great as well.

Well, they are all different questions. All I can do if I can't find user reviews is ask forums. Thanks for the answer. =D

Edit: I am also not an avid forum user....So I may not know the proper edicate. I apologize.

Just ask in the previous thread. And yes, GIGABYTE is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom