Mid range gaming computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cundy

Beta member
So my current desktop computer is about 6-7y/o and it has a whole host of problems. I'm looking at building a new computer in the 900-1200 range. I'll be buying the parts from MSY as they have always been the cheapest in the past, parts list

So does anyone with good computer knowledge want to help me out?

I would use the computer for all the usual; internet, Microsoft office, games. I dont need a super powerful computer at max settings but it would be nice to play SC2 and DotA2 (when it comes out) half decent looking without problems. I dont need any software, speakers or keyboard/mouse.

Here's my plan so far:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K Quad Core

Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M-V3 P67 LGA1155

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws-X DDR3 1333 4G

HDD: WD Blue SATA3 1TB

GPU: ASUS GTX 560 Ti 1GB PCI-E

OD: SATA Samsung Dual Layer DVDRW

PSU: Corsair TX650W 650W

Monitor: One of the 24" ones off MSY

CASE: No idea, was hoping someone could recommend one that will suit everything listed (from MSY ofc)

Everything looks OK to me. Look at the CoolerMaster HAF line. I have the HAF 922 and love the 200mm fans in the front and top.

I would love to recommend something but I am completely unfamiliar with MSY and that PDF gave me a headache. :D

MoM's suggestion is a good one. I also like Antec's cases, as well as CoolerMaster and Thermaltake.

Haha, I know its not the best layout but thats what MSY is like, 0 customer service. You cant browse parts, you cant ask questions, just a couple of guys in a room with all the parts and that list. They are pretty cheap though

I most worried about the motherboard having everything I will need. And if it will fit in the case.

Also a little lost on monitor, are all 24" screens very similar? What are the specifications you need to look at to compare?

If the mobo is unopened then you should be good. Looks like four SATA cables. But why a microATX board and not an ATX? Try checking them out on NewEgg to see them (same goes for cases).

I'm not into the different kinds of screens out there. For me it comes down to response time, contrast, reviews, connections, and real estate.

Yeah I might swap the MB for "Asus P8P67-LE-V3" or should I get the "Asus P8P67-M-Pro-V3" to allow SLI/crossfire in the future, do you think I'll ever use it for what im doing?

Might as well get your thoughts of this mouse/keyboard:

Razer DeathadderV2
Razer Abyssus
Razer Mouse Mat Goliathus Standard Control

I really like Razer. Make sure you try one out before you buy as they have a different feel than most other mice. I just recently moved from a Razer Lachesis (Razer Diamondback before that) to a Mionix Naos 5000.

I haven't used any of Razer's keyboards. I would love to get my mitts on a BlackWidow (mechanical keys).

I'll have to see if MSY will let me try a few before buying. They wouldnt usually but im guessing they will if im there to buy a lot of stuff.

One more thing i should add, I want this to be quite. My last computer was pretty loud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom