looking for a low budget GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

morbo

Beta member
hi everyone
im looking to replace my GF8600 GT with somthing a little better.
cant afford much at the moment, so im looking for somthing really cheap
i know its kinda silly, but i dont really need somthing very powerfull

any suggestions would be welcome

well. i would if knew prices.
ill be a little more specific
i want somthing slightly better than my GF8600GT but wont be completely ridiculous to buy at this time.
lets say (without knowing what im talking about :) ) im willing to put around 100$ on it

I despise ATI for all of their miniscule annoying problems but that doesn't look that bad for him, and its not that MUCH better, it just offers newer tech.

Another option is a GTX 460 for ~100 with MIR.

Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1366-TR GeForce GTX 460 SE (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Trust me I will admit I am a Nvidia fan boy and I will never own a AMD card but that 5770 is a good bit better than the 260 and I'm not gonna lie to someone and say there's nothing better they can get for their money.

I only meant much better by thefact that it was only 5$ more

EDIT: really though DX11 useless? hahahaha I can't say I can see where you're coming from. Clearly you haven't owned a DX11 card.

Trust me I will admit I am a Nvidia fan boy and I will never own a AMD card but that 5770 is a good bit better than the 260 and I'm not gonna lie to someone and say there's nothing better they can get for their money.

I only meant much better by thefact that it was only 5$ more

EDIT: really though DX11 useless? hahahaha I can't say I can see where you're coming from. Clearly you haven't owned a DX11 card.

I took back the remark about DX11, but really there has been no substantial difference from 10 apart from making lighting look a bit better.

Just because you see a stupid tech demo show ridiculous differences doesn't mean that applies to games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom