Red Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrnotu

In Runtime
HiYa, I hooked up my new ASUS VE258 LED Monitor and the screen is really red. I have tried the adjustment on the monitor and on my desktop, both the graphics card and the MB. I know it is not the monitor itself cause I hooked it up to my laptop and the picture was very good. Where do I make the adjustments? Or what am I doing wrong? Thanks. I have a GeForce 8600 GT and a ASUS M2N32 MB.

HiYa, I hooked up my new ASUS VE258 LED Monitor and the screen is really red. I have tried the adjustment on the monitor and on my desktop, both the graphics card and the MB. I know it is not the monitor itself cause I hooked it up to my laptop and the picture was very good. Where do I make the adjustments? Or what am I doing wrong? Thanks. I have a GeForce 8600 GT and a ASUS M2N32 MB.
If it works on connecting to another PC/Laptop then the it's not the monitor. You said you tried adjusting your GFX Card and Motherboard, what exactly did you try to adjust?
Did you try hooking it up to the onboard video?
If it's the motherboard below then it has no onboard video.
image_05.jpg

Thanks for ur help. I found out that my new Graphics Card (GTX 580) was to be here today and I decided to wait and install it before I did anything else. It was as easy as 1,2,3. I installed the card, downloaded the new drivers, made a couple of changes in Control Panel-Display and everything is as I have never seen before. With the new monitor of course. Very good I must say. I have been upgrading a desktop (APEVIA case, ASUS MB) that I received in trade and with the new CPU AMD X4 945 that I installed with Trotters help I must say WOW what a difference. Still waiting on WIN7 Ultimate so I can install the 8GB Kingston HyperX RAM that is sitting here on my desk. The next step I think will be to upgrade the 500watt PSU and maybe another GTX 580. What do u think? Again thanks for the replys. Maybe my old GT8600 was on it's last legs.

I don't think a 500W PSU will run two GTX 580's, if that's what you mean. Frankly, I'm surprised a 500W PSU can run one.. I was using a 650W PSU for the longest time and my GTX 285 requires a minimum of 575 :cry:

I have a KWI PSU, maybe it is under rated. This is also a bare bones system so not really much going on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom