compter on server issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickthing

Solid State Member
i'm not a networking pro, so excuse me if my terms aren't technical. here's the deal....

i moved a computer from one office to another. the office's server is using win sbs 2003. this computer will NOT work in the new office. other computers will work just fine there, but not this particular one. it will still work at its old location, but not the new location. the problem has to do with limited or no lan connectivity. i cannot figure this out. the computer does not use static ip addresses and NO settings where changed during the move. i've even tried deleting the computer in AD and adding it again. doesn't work. i've tried resetting the router. doesn't work. i've tried renewing the ip address. i get an error message which i'm assuming is due to the connectivity issue. can't renew the ip address if i don't have a connection in the first place, right? the nic isn't the problem because it does work in other offices. help!!!

I would recommend you look into lan cards settings, if your card is wireless, make sure it is matching the channel id signal of the current router in place of that particular building.
Usually businesses will install access points in long or tall busniess buildings with 3 or more floors in it.
Also check with your network administrator and make sure you "HAVE" permission to access the router in that office space where you are at.

That can mostly solve alot of problems right there, if you see a yellow exclamation point on your lan icon constantly, I am betting money it means just a security block to prevent you from accessing the internet and network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom