Computer Problem; need assistance please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavidica

Beta member
I have a Pavilion P6130y desktop that I am trying to fix. When I turn the machine on, it seems to boot up like normal, except the monitor shows nothing on its display. No system beeps or anything.

Things I have tried, and still doesn't work:

- Changed the video cord.
- Changed the monitor; this time using DVI versus VGA
- Reseated all memory; took out three of the four sticks, and alternated them to see if one was broken.
- The computer has on-board video, so I got another video card.
- Bought a whole new motherboard.

I'm lost for what else I could try, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

I have a Pavilion P6130y desktop that I am trying to fix. When I turn the machine on, it seems to boot up like normal, except the monitor shows nothing on its display. No system beeps or anything.

Things I have tried, and still doesn't work:

- Changed the video cord.
- Changed the monitor; this time using DVI versus VGA
- Reseated all memory; took out three of the four sticks, and alternated them to see if one was broken.
- The computer has on-board video, so I got another video card.
- Bought a whole new motherboard.

I'm lost for what else I could try, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

when you say
"Changed the monitor; this time using DVI versus VGA"
did you use a whole new monitor?

and you say you bought a whole new motherboard? that means it has be the monitor..or cable since you got a new video card aswell..

Both; the monitor I was using to fix it, I had hooked up via VGA. I then hooked it up via DVI. I then brought the computer home (I was trying to fix it at work), then repeated the process using my monitor at home.

and you say you bought a whole new motherboard? that means it has be the monitor..or cable since you got a new video card aswell..

This is what has me stummped. I bought a video card and used it on the original mother board. Still having the same issue, and after trying everything else, I figured the only problem lef that it could be would be the mobo. So I bought another motherboard off of Newegg, which had onboard video, and took the video card I had purchased from Best Buy back. So now, with a new mobo, I still have the exact same problem.

Could all four sticks of memory some how be broken? Or is there anything else I am missing?

It's hard to think it's the cable or the monitor, since I've tried four cables and two monitors now.

Both; the monitor I was using to fix it, I had hooked up via VGA. I then hooked it up via DVI. I then brought the computer home (I was trying to fix it at work), then repeated the process using my monitor at home.

have you tried just one at a time? also, have you tested cpu or powersupply?

I tried just one stick of RAM (I have it that way currently), and alternated the sticks.

I also took out the power supply of another one of my computers which works, and connected it to this computer -- still nothing.

I also have disconnected:
- CD Rom
- HDD
- Memory card reader

And still no video.

Thanks again guys for your responses

I have not tested the CPU; is there an easy way of doing so?

honestly no, need a known working cpu to test it..you could put all those parts into a know working machine(ram, powersuppy, etc.) and leave out the cpu, if those work then its a good chance its the cpu. you could also try replacing the current cpu and see if that works in the machine?

If your mainbaord has onboard video then it could be that you have not set the Primary display as PCI-E in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom