Overclocking core i5

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyGodAL3X

In Runtime
Hey all,

I was wondering how would I go about overclocking my Core i5 on my TH55B HD mobo.
All I have is the stock cooler and I'd like it to go up higher than the 2.8GHz that it is at now.

Let me know

Cheers

I highly suggest the A70, when it comes to air cooling. I have one, and when I overclocked my Phenom II to 4.3Ghz @ 1.6v, it kept it at 40C idle, and maxed at 55C. That's extremely good for 1.6v, and ambient temps about 75F. On my 24/7 clock, 4.0Ghz @ 1.45V, I idle between ~30C-~34C (very dependent on ambient room temps), and max at 47C.

While, I don't have any usage experience from the Hyper212, I won't say it's not possible for me to see the same results if I were to use it. It could be slightly better than the A70. I have no clue. I'm just giving you a viable option, with great performance, plus it's a few bucks cheaper. If you can find them at Best Buy, you can pick them up for ~$25-$30. I got mine for $27.

Just ask Slaymate. He told me what to do, and I did it.

@patonb - Doesn't idle just mean while you are running nothing other than what you start your computer up with?

Yes... but idle indicates nothing useful when overclocking. I idled in the 40s, but loaded in the high 70s. So while low 40s is nice, any higher in the 70s, 80s is unwanted.

Alot of coolers work well at idle, but can't get the heat out when loaded up.

Idle is a good indicator, though. If you are running 50-60C at idle, you know you put too much volts on it, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom