Computer crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kire429the

Beta member
My desktop has been crashing for months now, at first I thought it was just a memory problem because I stopped getting a blue screen after replacing my sticks of corrupted memory but now it is crashing for another reason.

This time when it crashes it makes a loud "errrrrrr" (sounds like when they do weather warnings on tv or radio) and it freezes up and will keep doing it until I do a reset.

It only happens when I am playing games like Rift or League of Legends, it never did it when I played World of Warcraft or Starcraft though. I don't understand why it would be doing this because I play the same games on my laptop and it is much better than my laptop.

I don't think that it is overheating because fan monitors say it is in the right range and it will do it whether I've been using the computer for 30 minutes or 5 hours.

We have run all diagnostic tests on it and it is not overheating and nothing wrong is showing up.

What "diagnostic" tests have you conducted? Please list ALL specifications of your computer. Also, use HWMonitor from CPUID.com to see what your tempertures are, fans running at the right speed have nothing to do with the temperture as a heatsink could be clogged up. The loud "errrrrr" sound is coming from your speakers, so it's a hard lockup.

I do have cpuid hwmonitor installed and my temperatures are in normal ranges.

I have run memory diagnostics multiple times & startup repair
I have done a disk cleanup & defrag

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ 3.21 GHz
3 GB ram
Windows 7 64 bit

Everything has been taken out of the case and dusted off/cleaned

I have tried everything I can think of and can't fix the problem because nothing is showing up as wrong ever since I replaced my corrupted memory.

I do have cpuid hwmonitor installed and my temperatures are in normal ranges.

I have run memory diagnostics multiple times & startup repair
I have done a disk cleanup & defrag

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ 3.21 GHz
3 GB ram
Windows 7 64 bit

Everything has been taken out of the case and dusted off/cleaned

I have tried everything I can think of and can't fix the problem because nothing is showing up as wrong ever since I replaced my corrupted memory.

Have you tested the power supply?..thats about the last thing other than the cpu or motherboard

The problem lies with the video ram being overused. Playing for long periods of time can cause the game to crash. If you play a game where you can save the progress, it is best to do so every 10 to 20 minutes.

Also, the "errr' noise is mostly likely the hard drive. Type chkdsk /f in the Run box located in Start panel, choose y then enter. Restart computer.

Hrm, look for bulging capacitors, could be a worn/leaky capacitor causing issues, also, running out of V-RAM will not cause a hard lockup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom