Help! Acer Aspire 5920 Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

swany_99

Solid State Member
Hello Everyone i have a problem with my acer aspire 5920, first of all it had a bit of an impact to the lid. When power button was pressed it would power up and straight back off again, i discovered when lcd screen inverter was dis-connected it powered up ok.Got a new inverter and started up ok but screen was blotchy red,still had display but patchy red,hooked laptop upto my tv and display was perfect so to my knowledge means graphic card ok. got a new screen and fitted and still the same patchy red.got 2nd had lcd cable and still the same and now need some guidence or if anyone had same problems.

An hour is hardly the time to wait on here. Not everyone here knows the answer. A 24 hour wait is the minimum before bumping. We will get to you.

To your problem. If your new screen looks the same, and your TV has no problem, then it has to be somewhere between the GFX card and your LCD. Bad cables, busted pins on your GFX, etc.

is it possible that mainboard from graphics card to external display port ok but from graphics card to lcd display plug not ok? have had main board out and inspected all tracks and plug and all look ok with no signs of damage of burnt resisters,or is it possible new lcd display recieved faulty?

I doubt the new LCD is the problem, as it does the exact same thing. I bet you it's your graphic cable. Try getting one from eBay.

i have tried 2nd hand cable already from ebay but same issue not saying that not faulty. if you slightly flex mainboard the screen goes bright if that helps but is it possible for board to be ok from gfx card to vga and not ok from gfx card to lcd cable plug on mainboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom