Upgrading computer... motherboard incompatible/not working with the front case wires = cant boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fridgestar

Baseband Member
I upgraded my computer with the following components:

AMD Athlon II X3 450 Rana 3.2GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor
G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ
ASUS M4A78LT-M AM3 AMD 760G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
XFX HD-567X-ZNF3 Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

So what I kept from my last computer was basically just the case and the psu, which is:
BFG Tech BFGR550WGSPSU 550-Watt Power Supply (4-6 months old).

Now the issue is that my computer will not boot up at all. I've tinkered around with the cables and such for about 2-3 hours, my brother (more knowledgable than me, has built atleast 3 computers) tinkered with it too and also couldn't get it to work. However, we brought the old mobo prior to upgrading back and connected the 24pin and the front case wires (the ones that are like speaker, reset, power, etc.) and connected the wires to the old mobo. The computer was able to power up with the old mobo but not the new one.

I personally think that it is the case (this case is really really old, about 8ish years old; its my first comp), is this possible? Or is there a chance my mother board is faulty (the LED light for the motherboard stays green though).

when you said when you guys used the old mobo and everything work, is that with the new cpu and memory in the old mobo?

we basically did this, we had everything new hooked up and connected in the original case, we brought over the old motherboard, disconnected the front case wires and the 24pin, connected those two into the old motherboard and turned the computer on. It was able to turn on, but then obviously crash while with my upgraded mobo the computer wont even turn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom