Oh no! my HD 4890, Pooping out?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
Ok so I need some tests or something to do, my games are getting laggier, online and off, starting to see visual distortions and the like.. I am leading up to believing it's GPU failure.. but... but.. it can't be!! nooooo!!!!

I wanna make sure before I ship it back to XFX (Lifetime warranty) and have to fork out money for a new one.

So what can I do to test?

*edit* I guess this should be in hardware troubleshooting... sorry fellas.. just.. worried and aggrevated.

You won't have to fork over money for a new one as they will replace it with an identical card or one better. You might have to pay for shipping but that should be it.

Try running Furmark to get some temps and look for artifacts.

Already ran Furmark, for 15 minutes at least, got high as 74C, everything looked smooth though without any real noticable problems. Should I run it longer? (games show near immediate sign of issues..)

not finding anything on waterbenchmarking... got links?

If you aren't getting anything on Furmark then odds are your card is still solid. Have you tried uninstalling your current drivers, using DriverSweeper in safe mode, and then installing the newest Catalyst?

I notice "mesh fence" but nothing like I was expecting after 20 minutes.

Ill try removing everything and deleting all the folders and drivesweeper and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom