HP DV2-1039wm laptop running like a slideshow (only slower) when unplugged...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChodja

Solid State Member
I have an HP DV2-1039wm laptop that, for the longest while, has been running great. However, when I run the laptop off of battery it slows waaaaaaay down. I'm assuming it's a power saver/processor issue that's gotten more...saving...ish...since I got it?

Here's the downlow:
On battery, my processor is working 100% (according to my lovely Rainmeter skin). It's also running at (I only just now saw this) 96MHz. Thaaaaaat...sounds really bad.

I haven't messed with any settings lately and I'm not running too much in the background. I also have my power saver options in Windows 7 set to not care how much battery life it consumes when on battery.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The BIOS is actually really, really limited on what can be changed. Boot order, date, time, passwords, fan always on, yadda yadda. The very baseline for a BIOS. Although, I think I figured it out.

The fan is set to "Always On", but I don't hear a fun running and I don't feel any exhaust on the bottom of the laptop. Soooooo...I think my fan is either tangled or dead. Which blows. Though, I find it funny that the laptop lets you run as hot as you want to when it's plugged into the wall. Thank you, HP. 'preciate'cha.

I went in and cleaned it out. There was a lot of dust clogging up the fan. The computer doesn't run like crap anymore, although I can see that the processor is bouncing from 800 and 1600 MHz like crazy. Just non-stop bounce. The fan is intermittently making some noise, so I think it still might be going out and the exhaust for the fan doesn't feel too terribly exhaust-y.

I ordered another fan and, hopefully, all is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom