Looking to Build a Gaming Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

momboom1

Baseband Member
Hello! I was wondering if anyone could help me create a good gaming rig in preparation for Battlefield 3. I would be willing to spend up to around $1500. I know it seems kind of lame since I'm just asking for someone to do the work for me. But I really have no Idea what I'm doing when it comes to Hardware. I'm more of a Software geek.

Just wondering. Why did you link a Solid State drive and a SATA. Was I mean to use both or one or the other. Thanks for the links btw

Both. The SSD would be for your OS and main programs while the SATA would be for less used programs and data.

I just remembered that I also had a 200 dollar Gift Card to newegg. So add on 200 to that price making it $1700. Would you change anything?

Hi. There seems to be a near infinite combination of components to make a viable system. This forum is great, but is there somewhere I can go to learn about each individual component and understand the pros and cons of all the variations? For example, some people recommend the Intel I7-960s versus the I5-2500k. I grew up in the 8086, 286, etc. era and while the additional choices are amazing, things were much simpler back in those days to at least get your hands around. Also, is this build still viable or maybe it is out of date?

High End Gaming Computer Build For 2011

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom