My pc won't install my ext dvd recorder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start>run>sfc /scannow

First do this. If there is an issue with the drivers not being installed then there could be something with the system files. My question is how do you know that they are not installing to the Registry properly? If the device malfunctions it doesnt flat out tell you that they dont install to the Registry cause Microsoft doesnt want people messing with that.

If you feel confident that you know it is a Registry issue and you have been in there before, could go in there and make sure there is no rogue keys installed now and if so remove them.

windows 7 ultimate
memorex slim ext dvd recorder
and gearhead slim ext dvd burner

...says that windows wont start the device because the drivers (in registry) are incomplete or damaged.

:D I think may have found a solution to your problem and I don't know why I didn't recognize the problem off hand at first.
I have had this problem in the past 2 years ago with my memorex dvd-rw drive and old LG burner.
It should be simple to fix in 10 minutes and get your new DVD-RW drive going in no time...

Recommended resolutions
dvd driver, corrupt in the registry, how to fix it? - Microsoft Answers
A registry problem was detected.

This can occur when more than one service is defined for a device, if there is a failure opening the service subkey, or if the driver name cannot be obtained from the service subkey. Here are some things that you can try to resolve this problem.

Uninstall and reinstall the driver

Uninstall the driver from Device Manager and scan for new hardware to install the driver again.

You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. However, sometimes, it will open the New Hardware Wizard which may ask for the driver. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor's Web site.
On the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall. Follow the instructions.
Restart your computer.
Open Device Manager, click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes. Follow the instructions.

Sometimes you just gotta love the windows os drama at times even when you want to throw your computer out of a window at times! ;)

This should clarify further what mak was saying and to further fix up the problem.
Let us know if it helps, if I don't respond for most of the day MoM or KSoD will finish up the job with you.

thank you so much...the military is taking up alot of my online time these days...havent been able to check in...i'd like a way to pay someone if they help me out...

The usb you are using try connecting another device, does it work? If not uninstall usb port in device manager then reinstall. If it does work try another wire that connects the external to the comp last if that doesnt help try connecting external to another usb on your tower. Keep us updated.

Uninstall those drivers then try again but reboot before doing so. Usually, you don't need drivers for a DVD burner and / or recorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom