Low/mid range gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
The power supply had three cords coming out of it, 4pin cpu power, the ~24 pin mobo, and a the 6+2 that I have connected to the GPU. The only doublesided 6 pin that came with it is this red 12v3

I got the Disk drives figured out, thank you

I think I am going to purchase a new cpu fan if the price does not run incredibly high. I dont need anything special can you recommend one or explain to me what specifications it would need to be compatible.

Also, does the coolant need to be cleaned off, if so how?

Sounds like that is the other GPU plug, then. ;)

This cooler should work well for you:

Newegg.com - Rosewill RCX-ZAIO-92 92mm Sleeve Bearing Fan CPU Cooler

I had an Artic Cooler version with the same basic design that worked very well. Again, mount the cooler before mounting the mobo as it is much easier to do it that way.

When mounting an AMD cooler, hook the non-clip side, try to center the cooler over the CPU, make sure the clip is in the non-locked position. It will take a little force to push the clip side down and over the knobs/hooks, but not an awful lot. Once they are over the hooks just lock the latch.

This video should help:

Does the coolant need to be cleaned off of the processor?

Thank you very much im going to stop by the local micro center later and see if they have that. Tech-Forums would not happen to have a donate link would it? ;)

Yes, you need to clean the CPU. I use alcohol and coffee filters (they are lintless).

I don't think we have a donate link anymore. I'm just glad I was able to help.

So I have had everything up and running for a while now but the other night while I was raiding in WoW I opened the case for some extra ventilation. I noticed the power supply was incredibly hot to the touch. I was wondering if I may be overloading the power supply? According to software, my cpu doesnt get higher than 50C often and the highest ive seen GPU at is mid 60C (with 2 games playing on full settings)
The computer has been running very well and exceeds expectations, thank you all for your help and generosity.
Edit: dont forget I used Newegg.com - XFX HD-695X-ZNFC Radeon HD 6950 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
instead of the initially recommended GPU.

Is it facing up fan-wise, or down? If it is facing down, is there any room underneath for it to draw air in? Is the screen clean and free from dust?

Is it facing up fan-wise, or down? If it is facing down, is there any room underneath for it to draw air in? Is the screen clean and free from dust?

There is no fan in site? it is blowing air out the back but I do not see a fan from inside the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom