MY VERY FIRST BUILD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radak

Solid State Member
Hey guys I am new here and I was wondering if you could give me some advice for my new build. Specs as follows

Motherboard:

Asus IV Maximus Extreme

CPU:

Intel Core i7 Processor i7-2600K

Hard Drive:

Western Digital WD Caviar Black 1 TB

Ram:

Corsair Dominator GT 4 GB PC3-16000 2000Mhz Dual Channel Core i3, i5, i7 DDR3 Memory Kit CMT4GX3M2A2000C8

Graphics Card:

Asus Radeon 6990

Case

Cool Master HAF-X :

Power Supply:

Enthusiast Seriesâ„¢ TX850 V2 $160

CPU Fan ??

I plan to overclock using a autotuner but when I know more I will do it myself

My first couple of questions are:

1 Do I need to bother with a full tower case or should I save some cash with a mid
2. Is my psu the right , do I need more watts or less.
3.I would like a red led cpu cooler as I am going with the red & black theme, could somone recommend a high quality one.
4. The Ram mention is not on the motherboards QVL, will it work properly and is 4BG enough or should I go with 8GB
5.Is an SDD worth the extra money or will it not make alot of difference
6.Is there anything else I need to know.

Money is not a big issue, but that said I do not want to waste it.

Thanks RADAK

1.There are excellent mid towers from CoolerMaster, as the HAF models. You don't need full, unless you are running a LOT of HDDs.
2. You are fine.
3. You could get all fans with red LEDs.
4. That should be fine with your board. 4GB is enough for most games.
5. An SSD will improve so much loading times of everything. I go from POST to Windows desktop, no circle, in 25 seconds.
6. Nope. :)

Money is not a problem for him, though. a 2600k can beat a 2500k any day. And he picked pretty awesome parts, too. If he is fine with that, so let him. ;)

Thankyou, I was actually condsiring the Cool Master Enforcer so I will be going with that:big_grin:
What SSD would you recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom