fan controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlr

In Runtime
hi im trying to wire up a fan contoller for my fan,this is the controller
http://www.nfr.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

as you can see it has two wires
my fan is an vantec tornado has the normal 4 pin conector and a small 3 pin conector with one yellow wire can anyone on hear help me do this pls cheers in advance mlr

Mine is just hooked into the System Fan slot, You know where that is dont you?

If you dont give me a pic of your and i will show you, and then put the controller in the smaller floppy slots.

yes but i need too know how to attach the contoller too the fan as this fan is not for this controller

ok, i see, there should be an adapter somewhere on it, can you get me a pic of the fan with the controller?

k theres three wires all toghether the first two wires are red and black they goto the molex conector then theres a yellow wire on its own with a small 3 pin conector, the adjuster has two wires a black and a red,also this fan wasnt made for an adjuster too go on it so i need too bodge it somehow just need to know how to wire it up

Ok, somehow you have to connect the Controller to the original fan connecter ( that goes into the mobo). From there you have to take what you plugged into the original cord and put it into the mobo. Hold on im rearanging my room let me show you how mine is setup, it might take a while though.

k thanks gameguru by the way i tred conecting it too the red and black wire on the molex conector but this didnt work lol

well hmmm. my images wont show on imageshack

ok, well after looking at mine the controller cords go into a connector on the CPU fan, these cords are then fan controller. Then it looks like the CPU fan cord goes to the 3 pin motherboard fan connector.

untitled38.jpg

I have to do something, run some errands real quick but if you still need help post back, OH turn the computer off imediatley if the fan wont work, im sure you know that.

good luck.

I replied to your PM, but I'm going to say it here too. It looks like the fan controller has it's two wires as yellow and black but this doesn't mean you match it to the yellow and black of your fan. You are looking for the +12v line and ground which for the fan is Red = +12v and Black = Ground, for your fan Controller yellow = +12v , Black = Still is ground. So connect the Yellow wire from the fan controller to the red wire of your Tornado, and then connect the black wires from the controller to the fan and you're all set!

I know it's got a 4pin Molex connector, but take the wires that go straight from the Fan to the first plug as this is where all the juice is comin from and plus you don't want to harm any devices that may be connected pass-through style. Out of the 4pin connector you should still only see 2 wires going mainly to the Tornado.

cheers guys i only just got in but ill give it a go and get back to you thanks for the help, god i love this forum,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom