SSD TRIM Function Intel X25 SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Account looks fine to me. It was a permission issue with that forum and should be fine now.

this is interesting....
I looked at the SSD Tweak guide posted here at the TF forums, and the one from the manufacture of my SSD drive, opinions from TF state to disable the pagefile and OCZ states to use the pagefile/

what am I supposed to believe?

Disabling the pagefile can be a very very bad idea. I hate that part of the review. I would leave it on, but it will put wear and tear on your drive. The idea behind turning it off is the fact the SSD can load stuff to ram really fast, but, the purpose of the page file, is to hold stuff that would normally be in RAM but has gone idle. Once your RAM is filled up, good luck running anything with out the page file.

I currently have 4 drives in my pc, the pagefile on the ssd o.s. system drive is set to the same min and max use for memory, and the other three drives have a pagefile on them also, set two twice the memory for the max and the recommended min.

I currently have only 3 gigs on a W7 64 bit but my wife has my other 3 gigs in her pc for the time being until I get more for her pc. I have an MSI Pro X58 board with tri channel memory, and an i7 920 chip

If you had a lot of memory (i.e >6Gb) then unless you edit videos or photoshop 24 megapixel images you should be fine without it. But yeah in this case I'd agree with corrosive, leave your pagefile enabled.

Thanks S0ulprIRE, I'll do that.
I'm still going to get my other 3 gigs back on my pc...That's another thread I'll start later, didn't mean to hijack this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom