Rebuilding a vintage laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

con9072

Beta member
i just bought a 95' compaq lte 2550 laptop and i figure its a good project. this is my first rebuilding project. Is there any tips on rebuilding this?

The only thing you could upgrade is the HDD, RAM, and maybe the CPU. But you won't be getting much more performance out of it.

I really just want to get it to stock right now. its currently not working. i just think it would be ****** to revive a vintage laptop.

true but i bought 2 for 20 dollars and i figured with both i could make 1 working laptop. its worth a shot...

Well, what's wrong with them? There's about a thousand different things you can do to your system. Troubleshooting is key. Try something. Test it. Evaluate. Try again.

I took both laptops apart today and switched keyboards to the primary one and it boots up and runs windows 95! haha, Now what should i do? should i wipe the hdd to original? and all i really want to do is add "the Oregon trail" could i load that on a floppy and down load it from there?

I really like this idea of a vintage laptop. Sounds like a nice collectors thing.

If the OS is pretty loaded and bloated I would reinstall Windows 95 if at all possible. If all you really want is Oregon Trail then yes throw it on a floppy if it isn't already and you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom