Computer turning off and on

Status
Not open for further replies.

_SomeOne_

In Runtime
Information:
Motherboard: Scan.co.uk: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3 Intel P67 Express Socket 1155 Motherboard - P8P67 PRO <Rev.3.0>
Ram: Scan.co.uk: Corsair Memory Vengeance Blue 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 XMP Dual Channel Desktop - CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B
CPU: Scan.co.uk: Intel CPU Core i7 2600K Unlocked Sandy Bridge Quad Core Processor - BX80623I72600K

I made a thread a while back about my ram speed: http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/problem-ram-speed-244619/

Anyway I went into the bios since my ram speed went down to 1333Mhz (again) and changed the settings so its back up to 1600Mhz.. but i forgot to change the other settings too.. So now every time i turn my PC on.. it turns back off and restarts itself.. over and over.

How do i enter the Bios if my PC keeps turning off?

Also when i was looking at the bois settings i noticed that it had CPU turbo mode enabled.. does that mean its over clocked?
i didnt set it to enable.. well i dont think so.. i just need get back on to the bios and set every thing as default..

Thanks.

Turn the PC off and unplug it from the wall. Remove the side panel and look at the bottom of the motherboard for the battery, it's round, shiney and about the size of a nickel. Right below the battery you should see a jumper, it's connected to 2 pins and one pin is exposed. Move the jumper to the exposed pin + the middle pin. Leave it there for 10-15 seconds and then move it back to it's original location. This will reset the bios to it's original Default values.

Turn the PC off and unplug it from the wall. Remove the side panel and look at the bottom of the motherboard for the battery, it's round, shiney and about the size of a nickel. Right below the battery you should see a jumper, it's connected to 2 pins and one pin is exposed. Move the jumper to the exposed pin + the middle pin. Leave it there for 10-15 seconds and then move it back to it's original location. This will reset the bios to it's original Default values.

Thank you, it works now :)
also... after looking at the CPU turbo mode setting again after the bios was reset.. it still says enabled.. and that the "Target CPU Speed" is 3.8MHz.. when its meant to be 3.4.. but if i turn the turbo mode off it goes down to 0 MHz.
I dont know what to do..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom