S939 1,8Ghz vs S754 2,0Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

livingdaylight

Baseband Member
Hi folks i wandering wich one is faster lets say i got and S939 mainbord with an AMD 64 CPU wich runs on 1,8Ghz WITHOUT DUAL MEMORY and i got an S754 AMD 64 CPU wich runs on 2,0Ghz on an S754 mainbord afcourse

Now i hear different storys that the S939 1,8 is faster then the S754 CPU wich runs on 2,0Ghz because of the features or something on the mainbord and CPU but supose i dont use dual on that S939 mainbord and das it also realy matter if iam using dual iam nit that extreme in gaming dont play a lot 3d games so.

And final question does it realy matter in speed when i got S939 with 1,8 with dual memory versus an 2,0 S754 CPU without dual if it is 10% or so more speed i would not care about it.

Iam planning to use this system set for couple years then is iam going to buy a PCI-Express mainbord with better CPU afcourse.

THANKS

What's the system you have now?

The 754 setup with CPU will be cheaper than the 939 setup with a CPU. The 939 setup is more upgradeable but you mentioned switching to a new board and processor in a few years. In which case it sounds like you'd be ditching the 939 board anyway.

I'd say wait until th3 939 boards with PCI express come out which isn't more the a few months away if you can.

Planning to buy a new system yes but can't decide yet between 939 and 754 i need a new system badly soon as possible i cant wait for few monts so must decide now wich one to take but in dint get much feedback for now :(

939 is definatley the way to go. 939's are future proof, and fast and ready and capable. This isnt a bias statment because I myslef have a 754.

Definatley the 939.

I need more prove on my questions i heared diffrent things about those speeds from those CPU's so i have not 100% decided yet wich one to go :(

Well, like I said, the 939 is future proof. Probably the best thing about it. With it you can also get dual channel and PCI-Ex. Not only that, the higher speed processors (3500+ and up) use socket 939.

wel oke but i can wait couple of months for PCI_EXPRESS and by then the maibord wil be more pricey and is PCI-express that worthie i heared that it only comes to full speed when you play online games a lot is that true bytheway?

socket 939 is better because it has a 2GHZ FSB, and it suports dual channel DDR RAM, the socket 939 chip has a lower frequency than the socket 754 chip so that it would perform about the same
the CPU's themselves in socket 939 are less expensive than the socket 754 equivalent's (I don't know why) but the socket 939 motherboards are more expensive

PCI-Express is not worth getting into at the moment, it costs more than with AGP and PCI, and they haven't made cards that take advantage of PCI-E yet

the CPU's themselves in socket 939 are less expensive than the socket 754 equivalent's (I don't know why)
What? Am I misinterpretting this or did you just get it backwards? because socket939 is more expensive than socket 754 when it comes to the CPU's...cheapest socket 939 was the 3500+ for a while which was $350, but last I heard (from you I think) that they now have a 3200+ socket 939 chip...just curious

:) i tought also that 939 more expensif but if the mainbords with PCI EXPRESS come out would the price be high for those mainbords? and is the PCI-Express 8X faster then a AGP slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom