computer beeping..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorpian

In Runtime
Hi everyone Long time no see Xd.
My computer has been having a strange problem. It keeps on beeping. It beeps a long beep, then 2 short beeps ( that's what I noticed today ) before I didn't notice the beeps.
I'm 99% sure this indicates something is wrong, but what is it? IDK. A Few weeks ago, my cousin came here and cleaned up my computer tower and my ram and the computer restarted working after it used not to work ( probably MindOverMaster knows about the problem when he told me to bring a new PSU, I will get one later on)
What could be the problem?

If I could find my mobo's manual :D
Okay, it beeped again only one short beep alone.
I opened it up to clean it, turned it on, nothing, black screen.
Tried again, it worked, but it gives OC Fail on a black screen with text. I don't do overclocking, what does OC fail mean?
If I skip that message by F1, I feel PC is lagging more than usually. Also, I think the GPU's fan is moving too slow.
Any ideas?

A single beep clarifies that POST has cleared its tests.

OC fail, even if you don't normally means that your BIOS was somehow reset.

Well, that message appears every time I turn on the PC " OC fail, please enter the bios to modify X " I don't remember what X meant, it was a message similar to that.
If I skip it, I find out the PC is lagging more than usual. Also, it seems both CPU and GPU fans are working so slowly. I think I need a reconstruct of my PC xD.

Okay, that worked and message doesn't appear again thanks. But still computer is laggish, is that due to the crappy PSU I have? I'm not sure if it's related to it or not and I'd like to know before I buy another PSU.

What temperatures are you getting? Your CPU can underperform when too hot. Get HWMonitor and show us a screenshot.

Okay it seems that the beeping is because of high temperature as my bios is set to warn me when temp reaches 60C, but when it beeped I opened realtemp and temperature was almost 70C on both cores on totally idle...
Here's a HWMonitor picture : Imageshack - tempp.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom