How to clean a dirty keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never knew you could throw a keyboard in a washing machine.
Not a good idea. The thrashing will beat it up. Anyone who thinks it is a good idea it would be better off to soak it in a tub full of bleach and leave it out in the Sun - also not a good idea but at least it won't get bashed up.

Personally, I prefer removing the keys and using a rag soaked in diluted bleach water for the old-style keys...
Quicker is air or vacuum first, q-tips for the tops and sides and then a pair of scissors and a cloth for inbetween.

Now keeping trackball mice clean, that's a royal pain.
Start by wiping your mousepad as that is where the Trackball gets it's dirt. To clean the Mouse unscrew the Trackball Holder and then air blast through the mousekey and rollerwheel spaces first then finish by blasting up through the ballhole.

Wash the Trackball in bleach and remove any lint or string from the Trackball Rollers before replacing it, no disassembly required.

yea I don't usually consider cleaning my keyboard to often since I am currently my computers only user. I guess looking at a dirty as a way to build your immune system does not work in this forum?? thanks for the practical advise though on easy ways to clean it!

Who's got a dirty kb?

dirtyKeyboard.jpg

honestly...a dishwasher is more effective than the washing machine!

Yeah I heard dishwasher works pretty well too. The only problem with taking off all of the keys is if you forget which order they go back on, this happened to me when I was in high school, no second keyboard for comparison so it took a while to figure out. The other answer is to just not clean it, I have a 3yr old G15 and the most love its gotten is scratching gunk off of it with my finger nail, doesn't seem to bother it any.

Joe C, please tell me thats not yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom