good tests for graphic card performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
download the new drivers first to have them handy. in device manager under display adapters, uninstall the old drivers, reboot, then install the new ones. the full suite isnt necessary, but will give you tools that could come in handy if you have multiple monitors or want to overclock the card a bit.

download the new drivers first to have them handy. in device manager under display adapters, uninstall the old drivers, reboot, then install the new ones. the full suite isnt necessary, but will give you tools that could come in handy if you have multiple monitors or want to overclock the card a bit.

Thanks for the info, will definitely be trying that tonight. And to be clear, the driver will be included with I install the suite right? I dont need to download anything else?

Thanks for the info, will definitely be trying that tonight. And to be clear, the driver will be included with I install the suite right? I dont need to download anything else?

The driver is included with the suite.
Screenshot2011_2.jpg

So I unisntalled the driver that was there and did a fresh install from what I downloaded from the ati website. I ran the mark11 test again to get the same results. The card is a Readon HD5850 Sapphire. Is there something else I should be looking for driver wise?

So I unisntalled the driver that was there and did a fresh install from what I downloaded from the ati website. I ran the mark11 test again to get the same results. The card is a Readon HD5850 Sapphire. Is there something else I should be looking for driver wise?

Not sure, I just dont get great fps, like in the 20's. This is the original link for my results, its the same as what I did yesterday with the reinstall of the driver. Result
It still says the graphic driver is an issue, not sure why, I cant see anything else I should be installing for my Radeon HD5850.

What is AA x16?

it looks like the driver didnt get installed right. you should be running version 11.5
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/11-5_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.exe

aa is anti aliasing
Image sampler examples

it smooths out what would otherwise be jagged looking edges and is very hard on graphics cards.

In this link Result it says I am running v8.5 for the driver, but I definitely downloaded and ran the 11.5 installer, looking at the file on my USB stick right now to double check, and it is 11.5. 11-5_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.exe

I wonder if Windows is installing something that is messing it up. I noticed that when I uninstalled the drivers, windows had this pop up balloon that it had installed something for the 5850. Is there a way of turning this auto instal driver thing? Maybe thats where the issue is coming from.

Here is a way to check if the right driver was installed.
You can right click and select "View Image" or something similar to see these screen shots in full size.

Click on the windows button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
Right click on "Computer" and select "Properties"
Step1.jpg

Select Device Manager.
step2.jpg

In Device Manager, click on the arrow under "Display adapters".
Right click on your video card series and select "Properties"
alex12345678998

Select the tab "Driver" and look at the driver date and driver version.
The driver date should correspond to the driver that you installed, in this case, yours should say "5/9/2011".
step4.jpg

So I checked, my drivers are all upto date. Could I have somehow connected it wrong to the PSU? This is my first time ever doing this kind of upgrade on a PC (new power supply and graphics card). There was one cable that I was not sure what to do with when I plugged in the graphics card
f91a2a94.jpg

I dont really have anything installed on this computer, its running just what came with the machine, I have only upgraded the PSU and GPU and updated all the drivers. Any more thoughts are greatly appreciated.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom