9600xt dead????

Status
Not open for further replies.

overclocker1

In Runtime
hey guys whassup!

my problem is that i was about to sell my 9600xt to my friend and i took the card out of my board and put it in his board and i installed the drivers and it was working. Then i took it out of his board and i put it back in my case. When i turned on my pc i start seeing lines on my bois and on my screen and through windows. Why is that? Please help me

your card is dead, you probably handled it wrong or shocked it or something. when you see lines in bios, its not fixable... hope you got a warranty

i can go into windows and i can still see things and when i change the resolution, there are less lines appearing on the screen. i can watch movies but i see artifacts. when i play a game like halo, i see the menu but background is kinda messed up

Yeah man, the card went dead. Same thing happened to me...I was surfing the web then all of a sudden the whole screen went to lines...restarted it fixed it..then 5 seconds later they were back...restarted...and then it was showing in the BIOS and I knew the card was a goner =/ But yeah check your manufacturer warrenty because I bought my card in April, it died in June, I sent it back in September lol and they still sent me a replacement. :D

hey guys

i fixed the card. I had to downclock it though, so i cant go back at the normal speed. i can still overclock the core but not the RAM. So if i put the ddr back up to speed, i see the lines again. Do you think that some ofv the ddr blocks are dead?

I think you should just get rid of the card and sell it to your friend for around a hundred.The DPA has probaably some damaged transistors.

Wait until some reviews about the 6600GT and X700 come out. Those cards should be coming out soon and are supposed to be the most bang for your buck. I'd wait a little to see what kind of reviews they get, because they could very well be worth it and are going to be in the $200 range...most 'bang for your buck' is what they are going for, so I believe the 9800PRO will be dethroaned....MAYBE.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom