Looking for an 10" Android Tablet ($200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Hey
my buddy wants to get an android tablet for around $200
Is it a good idea?
All he wants it for is email, browsing, maybe watching online videos.
His budget is 200 bucks
idk anything about tablets so I was hoping you guys could help out
thanks

Why not just get a netbook? They are under $250. Also light weight and a bigger screen than a tablet.

The Xoom and iPad are upwards of $499.

Why not just get a netbook? They are under $250. Also light weight and a bigger screen than a tablet.

The Xoom and iPad are upwards of $499.
he just wants a tablet,
he likes the touch part, i have a netbook and he didn't like it
is it worth getting one now or should he wait for the honeycomb to come out

he just wants a tablet,
he likes the touch part, i have a netbook and he didn't like it
is it worth getting one now or should he wait for the honeycomb to come out

Honeycomb is out, the Motorola Xoom, Asus Transformer, and Acer Iconia A500 are all running it. That said they are all $400 plus.

The cheapest Android tablet that works well out of the box is the Galaxy Tab WiFi for $350 and it has a 7" screen. The Nook Color might be enough for what he wants but it is still $250 and isn't a full Android tablet by default (although you can easily make it into one).

Honeycomb is out, the Motorola Xoom, Asus Transformer, and Acer Iconia A500 are all running it. That said they are all $400 plus.

The cheapest Android tablet that works well out of the box is the Galaxy Tab WiFi for $350 and it has a 7" screen. The Nook Color might be enough for what he wants but it is still $250 and isn't a full Android tablet by default (although you can easily make it into one).
i'll let him know, thanks
how are the first one's u suggest vs the ipad2 or even the galaxy tab?

EDIT

How's this

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2935853

i'll let him know, thanks
how are the first one's u suggest vs the ipad2 or even the galaxy tab?

EDIT

How's this

Viewsonic gTablet 10.1 internet tablet for $275 + FS Ebay - Slickdeals.net

The Transformer and Iconia are competitive with the iPad 2 for the most part and are a generation newer than the 7" Galaxy Tab. If he is willing to spend that much it might be worth waiting for the Galaxy Tab 10.1" as it's supposed to be the best Honeycomb Tablet and the first true iPad killer.

The gTablet is cheap and fairly powerful however it has a very low quality display and all of the custom software Viewsonic installed on the tablet is pretty awful. At this point I would try to stick to Android Tablets running Honeycomb as earlier version of the OS weren't really intended to be used on tablets. The 7" Galaxy Tab is an exception to that though as it has Android market access (unlike the gTablet and nearly all other pre Honeycomb tablets) and as KSoD's (Mak213) review indicated it works pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom