Final Build List. Last Minute Suggestions Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigv32

Solid State Member
Thanks to all here who have helped me over the past week.

Here is what I hope is the final build list for my new gaming rig.

I had a few goals in this build.

1. Future upgradability
2. Future Crossfire/sli ability
3. able to run games like Crisis at max
4. dual monitor set up

Here is what I have and am planning on order next monday

CPU Intel i5 2500k
RAM G-Skills Ripjaw 2 X 4gb
The two are together
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

PSU PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W
Harddrive WD 1TB
The two are together
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

MOBO ASRock P67 Extreme4
Newegg.com - ASRock P67 EXTREME4 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Monitor ASUS VH222H-P 21.5"
Newegg.com - ASUS VH222H-P Black 21.5" 5ms HDMI Widescreen Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ASCR 20000 :1 Built in Speakers

Case Cooler Master Haf 942 (I am not getting this from newegg. I have a deal where I can get any case that is normally $200 or less for only $130. The link is just for reference in case someone has a better idea.)
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Now for the video card. This decision will be decided after I do some more research into the two different cards themselves. Any advice here would be appreciated.

Both are Radeon 6950 2gb. The only difference is the second one appears to have a better fan and MSI cards come with afterburner tech which help with the fan. I think the MSI card (second one) is a good idea because of the fan and afterburner but I am not sure. (it is only about $15 more so price is not an issue). I would go with it, but the sapphire has far more reviews from customers.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100312SR Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Newegg.com - MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II OC Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

NOTE: I believe both of them are capable of being flashed to a 6970.

So how does it look? Any advise or suggestions are welcome. I would like to keep the price roughly the same but any reasonable and solid arguments could cause me to increase my range.

EDIT: FYI my budget is a max of 1500 but is more in the range of 1200.

Thanks to all here for the help. Even if you did not respond directly to me in other threads, you all helped me learn about what I was looking for.

Thanks trotter

I will look at that monitor. I will have to make sure I can fit two on my desk though. I measured had just enough room for two of the others lol but I could probably justify it lol

don't count on the MSi twin frozr to be unlocked to a HD 6970 as it is a non-reference design.
(you might be able to, but chances are slim.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom