Will a graphics card improve my video RECORDING quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanhostetler

Baseband Member
I am recording videos using my Logitech 9000 webcam and a Samson CO1U usb microphone. I use Debut Video Capture. The quality of the sound is passable (I am waiting for a new sound card to arrive), but the video is atrocious - probably one frame per second. Would purchasing a graphics card help improve the quality? I am running on an ASUS on board card from nearly ten years ago.

I think it is your webcam, not your graphics card. I believe its the webcam's connection to the computer that is lacking.

I never heard of a video card having to do with good quality of a webcamera. I would honestly just shell out some big buxs for a webcam if you really want crystal clear clean images.

I actually have a pretty nice Webcam (the Logitech 9000 Pro). The issue is that the framerate is really low while recording. The quality of the picture is very high, my computer just can't support the memory load that the webcam puts on it. I'm wondering what kind of hardware I need to give the webcam what it needs.

i would say that it probably has nothing to do with your graphics card and everything to do with the speed of your processor. try to reduce the quality of capture in both video and audio.

what are your computer specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom