reteiving files from dead HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scroudt

In Runtime
Hey all, Just got back from my almost 2 week trip, went to plug in my external HD to back up my 400+ pictures, only to hear a beep beep beep beep sound coming from the HD.

I'm pretty sure it's dead, which sucks, because I just bought it 2 months ago, and now all my pictures are gone.

Is there any way I can retrieve my pictures?

it just seems that the HD isn't spinning, but rather it's stuck.

Thanks for the help

If it is physical damage, you won't be able to retrieve them with out sending the drive to a recovery facility. You can try using recuva (not sure on the exact name of software) but, I doubt it will work.

It's possible the drive is OK and it's the enclosure itself that's died. I would remove the drive from the enclosure and install it in my computer to see if it works there. If so, you would just need a new enclosure. Also make sure of any obvious things such as everything cabled correctly, power switch on, etc...

Well, I got it, thanks guys. I think it was just the external USB hub that I was using. I plugged it into my Laptop and it worked fine. so I took it back to my desktop and plugged it straight into the back panel, and it work there too. this external has no power plug, just 2 USB connections. and it's a small HD, not the starndard.

Thanks for the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom